The Financial Services team advises and assists a wide range of leading financial institutions and corporates on the following range of activities:
Many of our clients are investment-management firms engaged in the promotion and management of investment funds. We advise on the set up of fund structures investing in equities, bonds and other traditional traded securities, as well as more specialist areas including hedge funds and funds of hedge funds, property funds, private-equity funds and pension-fund products.
We advise a wide range of domestic and international financial instituitions, investment firms, stockbrokers, insurance companies on the legal and regulatory aspects of their business. We have extensive experience in advising international investment firms on their establishment and activities in Ireland.
Inward Marketing of Foreign Investment Products
We regularly advise foreign investment managers in relation to the complex regulatory requirements which apply in this area.
Our specialist lawyers have extensive expertise in a broad spectrum of asset-financing transactions, such as aviation finance and project finance.
- Advises a large number of financial services providers, including in relation to compliance with MiFID (Markets in Financial Services Directive) and AIFMD (Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive).
- Clients include banks, wealth managers, real estate managers, depositaries and fund administrators.
- Advises on the legal and regulatory aspects of all financial services activities and products which are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Represents fund promoters and investment managers on the setting up and structuring of both regulated and unregulated funds, including UCITS and AIFs.
- Advises on real estate fund structures - established a number of Qualifying Investor Alternative Investment Funds (QIAIFs) to hold portfolios of EU and UK properties. Advice on REIT structures.
- Advised on a number of fund restructurings involving the migration of existing fund structures to and from the Irish jurisdiction.
- Acts as adviser to some of the largest fund administrators and custodians operating in the Irish market.
- Represents originators and investment managers on the establishment of securitisation vehicles or other special purpose companies used for the issuing of debt instruments
- Advised promoters on merger of fund assets into and out of Ireland.
- Advised promoters on Super QIAIF structures (QIAIF into SPV) and on reverse Super QIAIF structures (SPV into QIAIF).
- Advised promoters of closed ended funds in relation to a variety of regulatory compliance and governance matters.
- Advised promoters on establishment of closed ended funds of side pocketed and distressed assets.
- Advises financial institutions on all aspects of compliance with Irish Anti Money Laundering requirements.
- Advises in relation to Acquiring Transaction Notifications affecting Central Bank regulated firms.