Underpinning our expertise is our ability to provide agile, creative and prompt solutions which means that we have handled some of the most complex and high profile instructions across the Irish healthcare sector.
Through our offices in Dublin, London and Galway, we have extensive experience in advising purchasers, vendors, founders, sponsors, funders, developers and contractors on a diverse range of transactions and projects including the acquisition, construction, financing, operation and sale of:
- Private Hospitals
- Care Homes
- Primary Care Centres
- Private Clinics
- Home care businesses
- Social care businesses
- GP Practices
- Veterinary Practices
Our multi-disciplinary healthcare group draws on the skills and expertise of our Corporate, Finance, Regulatory and Construction teams to deliver innovative, seamless and commercially-driven solutions. This includes advising on :
- M&A, private equity and joint ventures in respect of healthcare businesses and projects
- Project development and financing for new healthcare facilities
- Planning and procurement
- Construction and design
- Regulatory matters with HIQA and the NTPF
- Arrangements with health insurers and the HSE
- Data protection issues relating to patients, residents and staff
- InfraVia Capital Partners on the acquisition and financing of Mater Private Group, the leading acute healthcare provider in Ireland.
- Triad Hospitals on the acquisition, operation and sale of a privately-owned full service hospital in conjunction with John Hopkins university.
- InfraVia Capital Partners on the acquisition of CareChoice Group, the largest elderly care home operator in Ireland.
- CareChoice Group in relation to its ambitious roll out of new build and extension projects, increasing the Group’s portfolio by over 400 beds and on an ongoing basis on the acquisition of numerous care home businesses and the design, financing and construction of new elderly care facilities.
- CareChoice Group on the acquisition of the Trim Primary Care Centre from Barchester Healthcare.
- Acted for a US medical device manufacturer in drafting construction contracts in relation to a 60,000 sq ft extension to its existing facility in Ireland.
- The acquisition and sale of numerous pharmacy businesses across Ireland.
- The acquisition, financing, operation (including negotiations with the NTPF) and sale of numerous care home businesses across Ireland.
- We acted for Beacon Medical Group Sandyford Limited on its acquisition of Okinawa Limited (owner of Beacon Hotel property).
- Numerous Irish and European financial institutions on debt facilities to Irish healthcare businesses.
- A leading UK-based veterinary group on its expansion into Ireland.
- We acted for shareholders of Nualtra Limited on its sale to Ajinomoto Cambrooke, Inc.
- We acted for Nebula Management Limited in the sale of its interest in the Silver Stream Health Care Group to Waterland Private Equity.
- We acted for Lantale Limited in the sale of M3 Medical Limited to Uniphar Public Limited Company.
- We acted in the sale of Brand-Nu Laboratories Inc. and BNL Sciences Ltd., two value-add distributors of specialty chemicals for the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries located in the US and Ireland, to Caldic B.V.
- We acted for Bemis Company, Inc on its acquisition of the Steripack Group, an Irish owned global manufacturer of sterile packaging solutions.
- We acted for management on their buy out of the entire issued share capital of Dortek Limited and Dortek Research & Development Limited.