Underpinning our expertise is our ability to provide agile, creative and prompt solutions which means that we have handled some of the most complex and high profile instructions across the Irish healthcare sector.
Through our offices in Dublin, London and Galway, we have extensive experience in advising purchasers, vendors, founders, sponsors, funders, developers and contractors on a diverse range of transactions and projects including the acquisition, construction, financing, operation and sale of:
- Private Hospitals
- Care Homes
- Primary Care Centres
- Private Clinics
- Home care businesses
- Social care businesses
- GP Practices
- Veterinary Practices
Our multi-disciplinary healthcare group draws on the skills and expertise of our Corporate, Finance, Regulatory and Construction teams to deliver innovative, seamless and commercially-driven solutions. This includes advising on :
- M&A, private equity and joint ventures in respect of healthcare businesses and projects
- Project development and financing for new healthcare facilities
- Planning and procurement
- Construction and design
- Regulatory matters with HIQA and the NTPF
- Arrangements with health insurers and the HSE
- Data protection issues relating to patients, residents and staff
- InfraVia Capital Partners on the acquisition and financing of Mater Private Group, the leading acute healthcare provider in Ireland.
- Triad Hospitals on the acquisition, operation and sale of a privately-owned full service hospital in conjunction with John Hopkins university.
- InfraVia Capital Partners on the acquisition of CareChoice Group, the largest elderly care home operator in Ireland.
- CareChoice Group on the acquisition of numerous care home businesses and the design, financing and construction of new elderly care facilities.
- The acquisition and sale of numerous pharmacy businesses across Ireland.
- The acquisition, financing, operation (including negotiations with the NTPF) and sale of numerous care home businesses across Ireland.
- CareChoice Group on the acquisition of the Trim Primary Care Centre from Barchester Healthcare.
- Beacon Hospital in relation to its debt facilities and associated structuring.
- The Galway Clinic on its financial structuring and debt and equity investment.
- Numerous Irish and European financial institutions on debt facilities to Irish healthcare businesses.
- A leading UK-based veterinary group on its expansion into Ireland.