We offer straightforward advice on key areas such as company formation and structure, shareholding arrangements, intellectual property, commercial contracts, employment issues and investments.
We understand the challenges involved in establishing and growing a business. Our aim is to develop a long term relationship and assist our clients to develop their business through providing practical commercial advice.
We know that when embarking on a new business venture you may be overwhelmed by conflicting advice. We can cut through that noise and give you clear guidance to support your development. Having significant past experience in guiding companies through from establishment to growth and, in many cases, a successful sale, we are attuned to the challenges ahead of you. We can give you clear guidance on the structure that will best suit your business.
We are conscious of budgetary constraints faced by new businesses and seek to work within our client's limitations. From small acorns great oak trees grow, and we want to be with you throughout that journey.
- LK Shields has been our legal partner since launching our business in 2020. They have played a vital role in the formation of our company and helping us set up strategic partnerships that have propelled us forward. Their assistance and expertise in legal agreements and business law have been crucial to our success as we navigated negotiations and finalised deals.
"The team at LK Shields was also there for us every step of the way as we went through our first investment round. Their expertise and professionalism helped ensure that everything went smoothly and that our company's interests were protected. We couldn't have done it without them, and we are very thankful for their hard work and dedication. We would highly recommend them to anyone in need of top-quality legal assistance." - Kate Scott, CEO, HoloToyz
- “We recently had the pleasure to have LK Shields represent the company on a seed funding round. I found their guidance and professionalism exceptional. The entire team at LK Shields were knowledgeable with quick turnarounds. We have continued to work with the team subsequently on corporate contracts, privacy statements and terms statements. Their expertise has been evident at every turn. Here at Ronspot we look forward to a strong continued relationship.” - Michael Furey, CEO of Ronspot Ltd
- "The LK Shields team have been MagrowTec’s legal partner for the last 5 years and during that time have advised the business on many different transactions including funding rounds, employment law, property leases, corporate secretarial matters and client contracts. We have found their various teams to be extremely diligent, very responsive and highly professional in their approach and we look forward to having them advise on future transactions for our business." - Gary Wickham, CEO of MagrowTec
- "As a start up company, entering into an agreement with a first or early B-B customer is a very daunting task. The support and guidance provided by the team at LK shields has been invaluable in clarifying the terms of the service we provide. We especially value the time invested in really understanding the nature of our business and service. As a result we are now better equipped to effectively detail the service to both existing and prospective customers." - Declan Sweeney, CEO of StudyBundles Limited
- “The team at LK Shields were an invaluable part in setting up the company. Client focused, and always with our interests at heart, nothing was too much trouble. There for us for the last 10 years, we cannot recommend them highly enough. Great people to work with, your best investment.” - Nick Quirk, MD of MSI
- “LK Shields were invaluable in helping us complete our transaction successfully. They provided clear guidance through all the legal aspects of our deal and their fast turnaround times and ability to manage a large number of parties in a complicated transaction allowed StoryToys to meet its ambitious deadline. LK Shields guided StoryToys through a series of earlier funding rounds and their expertise made a pre-completion re-organisation a simple and straightforward process. With the deal done, we can now focus on building our business on a much larger stage.” - Barry O'Neill, CEO of StoryToys