We have a wide breadth of experience in many sectors acting for both lenders and borrowers in large asset finance and corporate banking transactions, enabling us to be at the forefront of market developments.
We have expertise across the range of lending products, including on revolving, term, senior, subordinated, second lien, PIK and high yield debt, invoice discounting, stock finance, letters of credit and overdraft facilities. We compliment this expertise with comprehensive knowledge on loan security.
We have also advised on many large acquisition finance transactions in recent years including the financing of MBOs, private equity, M&A transactions and complex real estate projects.
- We acted for Topaz Energy Group in relation to the funding of the acquisition of Esso Ireland.
- We acted for Goldman Sachs in a multi-billion dollar bridging loan facility to the under-bidder for Elan Corporation Plc under the Irish Takeover Rules.
- We advised Denis O’Brien’s Kendrick Investments Limited on the acquisition of senior debt facilities of the Topaz Group from IBRC (in special liquidation) financed by a syndicate of banks comprising Bank of Ireland, AIB and Ulster Bank.
- We advised long standing client OASIS Group on new acquisition finance facilities with Goldman Sachs.
- We acted for Allied Irish Banks plc in the relation to a series of facilities to a significant Irish fishing company for the construction, importation and acquisition of a number of vessels.
- We acted on behalf of Allied Irish Banks plc in relation to the financing of a group of companies in the hospitality sector and which had a tax driven complex share capital structure.
- We advised NAMA on new facilities for a prominent development company for the construction of up to 250 new houses and the parallel complex restructuring of existing facilities.
- We advised Bank of Ireland on restructuring a large number of sizeable property and corporate loan facilities during the course of 2013 and 2014.
- We acted for the Elvery’s MBO team in the acquisition of the Elvery’s Sports group out of Examinership (Irish Chapter 11 process).
- In recent years we have advised Bank of Scotland in relation to the large number of facilities to the real estate, hospitality and retail sectors.
- We advised long standing client ISS Global on the Irish law aspects of senior debt facilities with a syndicate of banks comprising Citi Bank, Goldman Sachs and Nordea Bank Denmark.
- Advised the Anglo Pacific Group on the Irish law aspects of credit facilities with Barclays Bank.