We have a detailed understanding of together with a wide breadth of experience in many sectors acting for both lenders and borrowers in significant finance and corporate banking transactions, enabling us to be at the forefront of market developments.
Our key areas of expertise include:
- acquisition finance, including MBOs
- real estate finance
- development finance
- investment fund and regulated structures finance
- corporate trust and agency arrangements
- debt restructuring, settlements, work-outs
- financial disputes and enforcements
We regularly advise domestic and international banks, financial institutions (both regulated and unregulated), alternative and non-bank lenders, private equity groups, institutional investors and sophisticated corporate clients and family offices on their debt and financing arrangements.
- Advised Kajima Ireland Limited (a subsidiary of Tokyo-listed construction company Kajima Corporation) in relation to the financing by Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. of a new 258-home residential scheme in Belmayne, Dublin as part of a joint venture with Bartra.
- Acted for Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. in respect of the working capital facilities it has provided to one of Ireland’s largest clothing manufacturers.
- Acted for Elkstone in the financing and development of a 142 bed purpose-built student accommodation in Stoneybatter, Dublin 7.
- Advised CareChoice Group, one of Ireland’s leading nursing home operators in Ireland in respect of its existing syndicated facilities agreement with a group of lenders, including Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c., Bank of Ireland and Ulster Bank, the purpose of which was to fund multiple acquisitions of care homes and development of new care homes and extension to existing properties. Acted for Ameresco, a leading cleantech integrator specialising in energy efficiency and renewable energy and long-standing client, in the acquisition of a wind farm located in Co. Cork.
- Advised The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland on an ongoing basis in connection with a wide variety of finance transactions including secured and unsecured lending and property finance transactions comprising of site acquisition, development finance and commercial property finance transactions.
- Acted as legal advisors to Vincent Glennon and GDM Healthcare Limited in the management buy-out of the existing shareholders of Critical Healthcare Limited and Medlogistix Limited (specialist providers of frontline medical and healthcare products).
- Acted for Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. in the relation to a series of facilities to a significant Irish fishing company for the construction, importation and acquisition of a number of vessels.
- Advised Ndevor Systems Limited t/a Phorest (a “SaaS” company specialising in computer software for hairdressers, spas and beauty salon owners) on secured financing made available by Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce for general working capital purposes.
- Acted for Irish private equity group, Renatus Capital Partners, on its ongoing debt financing arrangements with Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. in respect of multiple acquisition financings.
- Acted on behalf of Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. in relation to the financing of a group of companies in the hospitality sector involving a complex tax-driven share capital structure.
- Acted for a regulated entity on its circa €100 million loan facilities from The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland.
- Advised long standing client OASIS Group on its acquisition finance facilities with Goldman Sachs.
- Advised the Anglo Pacific Group on the Irish law aspects of credit facilities with, amongst others, The Bank of Novia Scotia.