The Banking and Finance team at LK Shields is involved in a wide range of banking and finance transactions for a diverse number of clients, both domestic and international.
We act for both financial institutions and corporate borrowers in commercial lending, asset finance and structured finance transactions as well as in cross border finance transactions.
We have been heavily involved in a lot of the recent Irish banking law developments including work relating to the National Asset Management Agency (NAMA), for both NAMA and for financial institutions, mezzanine investors and borrowers affected by NAMA.
The Banking & Finance Unit also advises banks on a wide range of Irish regulatory matters including establishing operations in Ireland and ongoing regulatory compliance.
- We advised Denis O’Brien’s Kendrick Investments Limited on the acquisition of senior debt facilities of the Topaz Group from IBRC (in special liquidation) financed by a syndicate of banks comprising Bank of Ireland, AIB and Ulster Bank.
- We acted for Goldman Sachs in a multi-billion dollar bridging loan facility to the under-bidder for Elan Corporation Plc under the Irish Takeover Rules.
- We advised long standing client OASIS Group on new acquisition finance facilities with Goldman Sachs.
- We acted for Allied Irish Banks plc in the relation to a series of facilities to a significant Irish fishing company for the construction, importation and acquisition of a number of vessels.
- We acted on behalf of Allied Irish Banks plc in relation to the financing of a group of companies in the hospitality sector and which had a tax driven complex share capital structure.
- We advised NAMA on new facilities for a prominent development company for the construction of up to 250 new houses and the parallel complex restructuring of existing facilities.
- We advised Bank of Ireland on restructuring a large number of sizeable property and corporate loan facilities during the course of 2013 and 2014.
- We acted for the Elvery’s MBO team in the acquisition of the Elvery’s Sports group out of Examinership (Irish Chapter 11 process).
- In recent years we have advised Bank of Scotland in relation to the large number of facilities to the real estate, hospitality and retail sectors.
- We advised long standing client ISS Global on the Irish law aspects of senior debt facilities with a syndicate of banks comprising Citi Bank, Goldman Sachs and Nordea Bank Denmark.
- Advised the Anglo Pacific Group on the Irish law aspects of credit facilities with Barclays Bank.