Jenny Ahern is Head of our Banking and Finance Team.
Jenny is a trusted advisor to both lender and borrower clients on notable acquisition and leveraged finance transactions as well as a range of corporate lending, commercial real estate, development finance and fund finance transactions. Her wealth of experience also includes advising on high profile debt restructurings and significant portfolio acquisitions and disposals.
She is frequently credited for her strong technical skills, which are known as encyclopaedic while always remaining commercial and practical in her approach. Jenny never loses sight of the end goal and ensures that every project is skilfully managed until the end.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. in respect of the acquisition facilities it has provided to the INNOVU group to support its expansion and growth as one of Ireland’s leading insurance broker groups.
- Acted as lead counsel to Muzinich & Co in respect of its debt and equity investment to assist with the MBO and organic and acquisition led growth of SONAS Bathrooms, a market leading supplier of bathroom products in Ireland.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. and HSBC plc in respect of the restructure of facilities advanced to a leading Irish manufacturer and secured over assets located in the UK, Europe, the US and the Channel Islands.
- Advised a sub fund of the Davy Opportunity Trust Fund in relation to the acquisition and redevelopment of the Frascati shopping centre in Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
- Advised the investor group in respect of its euro-denominated private placements of circa €120 million to a leading investor in modern healthcare properties in the UK and Ireland.
- Acted for Tetrarch Capital in the purchase and financing of Citywest Hotel and Golf Course together with 220 acres of associated real estate interests.
- Advised various lenders and borrowers in connection with site acquisition and development finance transactions, involving QIAIF structures, relating to commercial real estate and residential developments
- Advised Marlet Property Group in respect of a number of its investments including financing a significant mixed use development scheme at Cardiff Lane, Dublin 2 and the disposal of Blocks A, B & C Charlemont Exchange, Dublin 2 to a South Korean based fund.
- Advised Activate Capital in its funding of a number of residential development schemes.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. in respect of acquisition finance and working capital facilities to a number of leading Irish food and beverage manufacturers and suppliers.
- Advised a US based private equity fund in connection with the circa financing of its acquisition of and investment in a high-profile regulatory services provider.