The multi-disciplinary team is highly experienced and has the requisite skills to deal with the unprecedented and complex matters that may arise in the current economic environment.
Our team provides specialist advice on all contentious and non-contentious insolvency, corporate restructuring and recovery matters and regularly draws on specialist lawyers in the firm to assist on discrete matters such as IP/IT, property, licensing, dispute resolution, corporate finance, employment and insurance to provide practical tailored advice and solutions. The teamwork with and support all types of stakeholders including distressed companies, company directors and other office holders, insolvency practitioners, shareholders, financial institutions, debtors and creditors.
- Examples of the services we provide include:
- Advising stakeholders including insolvency practitioners, directors and creditors in respect of all insolvency procedures including examinership, schemes of arrangements, receiverships and liquidations.
- Advising directors and other officeholders of distressed companies on insolvency risk, personal liability, corporate rescue options and directors’ duties.
- Advising directors of solvent companies within insolvent groups.
- Debt restructuring, negotiation and implementation (both informal and formal court-based schemes).
- Assisting in the sale or purchase of distressed assets either in a restructuring or through formal processes.
- Insolvency related disputes.
- Advising solvent companies on restructuring and reorganisation of their businesses.
- Advising companies on the domestic and cross border merger regimes.
- Advising companies on the restructuring of their debt arrangements.
- Cross border insolvencies.
- Advised the fixed and floating charge receiver appointed over a number of licenced premises in relation proprietary claims by alleged tenants of the licenced properties.
- Advised and defended a secured lender and the fixed charge receiver in high court injunction proceedings in relation to a claim that the security and receiver’s appointment were invalid.
- Advised and continue to advise fixed and floating charge receivers on large scale receivership projects, involving portfolios of residential, retail and mixed-use commercial investment properties.
- Advised Panda Waste on the acquisition of A1 Skips business from the receiver.
- Advised Causeway Capital Partners in the acquisition of Celtic Linen Ltd (In Examination).
- Acted for Fate Park Ltd and other related companies in the successful appointment of an examiner over those companies.
- Acted for Tedcastle Oil Products on the acquisition of Fate Park Limited (in Examination).
- Acted for Ardale Group in the acquisition of Weslin Construction Limited (in Examination).
- Acted on behalf of the liquidator in the seminal case of Devey Enterprises Ltd in which the High Court (Laffoy J) found that payments by the company constituted fraudulent dispositions and ordered that directors pay €1.2million to the company in liquidation.
- Acted on behalf of a director in the landmark case of Tralee Beef & Lamb Limited and successfully appealed the decision of the High Court in restricting a non-executive director of that company.
- Advised the directors of a large international insolvent construction company in relation to their duties and liabilities under Irish law.
- Acted for a director of PBR Restaurants Limited in relation to the examinership of that company and their duties and obligations as a director.
- Advised the directors of a solvent Irish subsidiary company in relation to their obligations in circumstances where their parent and larger group was insolvent.
- Advised a secured lender in relation to claims made by a borrower that its security was unenforceable.
- Acted for a large creditor in respect of a complex retention of title claim in the examinership of SIAC Construction Limited.
- Acted for large unsecured creditor of an insolvent company seeking third party refinancing.