Our FinTech Team combines the deep experience of our market leading Corporate, Financial Services, Technology, Data Protection and Intellectual Property practices to offer integrated, full service legal solutions.
The team is uniquely positioned to represent FinTech clients throughout their lifecycles and to advise on a diverse range of transactions and other legal matters. We serve both established and emerging participants in this space, providing transactional, regulatory and strategic advice to private equity and venture capital firms, asset managers and funds, banking institutions, start-up companies, lending platforms, payment companies, trading systems, software vendors, technology companies and financial services providers.
Our services to FinTech clients include advising on:
- Start-up and mature FinTech providers and financial institutions on development and ongoing regulatory, licensing, corporate structure and compliance issues;
- Irish law aspects of Initial Coin Offerings;
- Companies, venture capital investors, private equity funds and other investors on the full lifecycle of investments, financings and exit strategies;
- The drafting, negotiation and enforcement of joint venture, commercial and other strategic agreements, including payment service agreements, cloud service contracts, SaaS and other software related contracts;
- E-commerce for financial services, consumer laws, enforceability of electronic signatures;
- Privacy structures, GDPR compliance, multi-jurisdiction data processing and transfer arrangements, and data security; and
- IP structures, protection and licensing arrangements, and contentious IP issues
- National and multi-national financial and compliance software vendors in the negotiation of licensing arrangements with financial institutions.
- Irish financial institutions on the licensing of compliance software
- We advised Odysseus Investments on its €3 million equity investment into Grid Finance, the largest P2P lender in Ireland.
- We advised Kernel Capital and Infinity Capital on their respective investments into Corlytics, a world-leading, risk-focused financial intelligence technology company.
- We advised a European technology fund on a significant debt investment into a financial payments technology platform.