Katrina primarily advises asset managers in the structuring, launch and ongoing operation of Irish UCITS and AIF investment funds and the regulation of fund management companies.
She also advises asset managers and other fund service providers generally in relation to relevant legal, regulatory and compliance matters; including the AIFMD and MiFID frameworks and reviews, capital requirements, licensing applications, corporate governance, fitness and probity, conduct of business, anti-money laundering and other ongoing legal, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Acted for various asset managers in the establishment of a variety of UCITS and AIF structures investing in traded securities and in other areas, such as real estate funds, money market funds and master feeder structures.
- Acted for a UK asset manager in the planning and launch of a number of Irish QIAIFs holding UK and Irish commercial properties by way of subsidiaries.
- Assisted investment firms in relation to their preparations for compliance with the MiFID requirements.
- Advised financial institutions, including fund administrators, on compliance with their Anti-Money Laundering due diligence requirements.
- Advised investment brokers and intermediaries on requirements and authorisations under the Investment Intermediaries Act (as amended) and acquiring transaction notifications.
- Assisted in the restructuring / amalgamation of a number of existing investment funds.
- Guided clients in respect of insider dealing and market abuse rules under the Market Abuse Directive.
- Advised on the obligations arising under the Prospectus Directive.