Jill is a Partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department.
She has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation dispute resolution, in particular, commercial, contract, shareholder and property disputes.
While an experienced litigator, Jill takes a constructive commercial approach where possible. Jill has also extensive experience representing parties before tribunals of enquiry established by the Irish Parliament.
Jill is also a leading member of the corporate restructuring and insolvency unit of the firm and has acted in some of the most high-profile insolvencies in recent years.
Jill has vast experience of advising in restructuring, examinerships, receiverships and liquidations on behalf of all stakeholders including companies, directors, officeholders, insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, shareholders and other creditors.
- Acting for Receivers (appointed pursuant to fixed and floating charges over commercial and residential properties) in litigation and disputes in which the Receiver was seeking to remove certain tenants on foot of various breaches of the leases.
- Advising and acting for Receivers appointed pursuant to fixed and floating charges in respect of claims being made by the borrowers that the Receivers were not validly appointed and in particular taking injunctive proceedings against the borrowers in that regard.
- Acting for a number of companies in brining successful applications seeking to place a company in examinership.
- Acting for a company in examinership in bringing a number of applications seeking to repudiate leases in place between the company and third parties. It was a condition of the proposed investor in the company that these leases be repudiated. The successful applications to repudiate the said leases lead to an investment in the company and a successful examinership.
- Acting for a significant number of both court appointed liquidators and liquidators appointed in creditors voluntarily liquidations in successful applications pursuant to Section 150 and Section 160 of the Companies Act seeking to restrict and/or disqualify directors of the companies.
- Acting for a large international commercial entity in a number of contractual disputes before the High Court with a number of its customers.
- Member of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners.
- Member of the Educational Technical Sub-Committee of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners.
- Member (Vice-Chairperson) of the Curriculum Development Unit Committee of the Law Society of Ireland.