Simon has extensive experience in all forms of secured and unsecured lending, including acquisition and leveraged financing, property and development financing, debt re-structuring and general working capital facilities, on a bi-lateral and syndicated basis.
Simon advises Irish and international financial institutions (both senior and mezzanine lenders), alternative debt providers and borrowers (both corporates and individuals, including international corporate groups borrowing through Irish subsidiaries) across a broad spectrum of corporate banking matters. He has a strong track record with a focus on transactional work encompassing all manner of banking facilities and other financial products in the corporate banking sphere.
Simon trained and practised in one of Ireland’s largest law firms and also practised in a boutique commercial law firm in Dublin, in addition to spending two years working in Perth, Western Australia with leading international law firm Herbert Smith Freehills.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, plc in relation to a €25 million facility provided to an Irish QIAIF to fund the acquisition of a prominent Dublin hotel.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, plc in relation to various facilities with corporate and individual borrowers.
- Advised one of Ireland’s leading food retail and wholesale companies in relation to a €220 million facility provided by a syndicate of lenders for the purposes of refinancing certain existing indebtedness and acquiring a competitor group.
- Advised an international bank in relation to a €74 million facility provided to an ICAV to fund a portfolio of shopping centres in Ireland.
- Advised an international bank in relation to a €83 million facility provided to an ICAV to fund the Heuston South Quarter Development, Dublin 8.
- Advised a large and long-established alternative lender in the Irish market in relation to a €16.8 million facility provided to Alcove Developments Limited (part of the McGarrell Reilly group) to fund the construction of the “Sharp Building” at Hogan Place, Dublin 2.
- Advised Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the A$280 million acquisition finance facilities provided to RCR Tomlinson Ltd with funds used to complete the acquisition of the Norfolk Group by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Advised an Irish hotel group in relation to its on-going banking facilities and security arrangements with a domestic bank.
- Advised a major international motor vehicle group in respect of certain lending and security matters.
- Advised an Irish property developer in respect of a joint venture for the funding of a student accommodation project.
- Advised an Irish owned commercial real estate finance provider in relation to several secured financings with corporate and individual borrowers.
- Advised a large multinational company listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (and a global leader in its field) in relation to the provision of revolving credit facilities with a number of international banks.
- Advised an Irish property developer in relation to a €8.5 million facility provided by Bank of Ireland to fund the acquisition of numerous development sites in North County Dublin.
- Advised an Irish residential home care provider in respect of its on-going banking facilities and security arrangements with a domestic bank.
- Advised a large Irish company in relation to a restructuring and share redemption.