Jamie has played a central role in working with some of our largest domestic and international clients on their infrastructure, construction, and energy legal requirements.
In non-contentious matters, Jamie acts for clients from across a multitude of sectors in relation to a wide variety of asset classes and infrastructure. His work has encompassed numerous contractual structures and procurement models, including design and build, traditional format, EPCM and development agreements. He is also a specialist in all of the main standard form construction contracts utilised within the Irish market, including RIAI, Public Works, NEC, JCT and FIDIC as well as more bespoke contracts.
In contentious matters, Jamie has represented both public and private sector clients in a diverse range of construction, procurement and energy related disputes. He leads a multi-disciplinary team that regularly acts for clients in arbitration, adjudication, conciliation, and mediation.
Jamie acts on behalf of entities from every level of the contractual matrix, including project sponsors, funders, developers, employers, sureties, contractors, specialist suppliers and consultants.
- Acted for MDM in connection with the engineering, design, construction and installation of the Rockabill Cable system, a 229.7km subsea cable project in the Irish Sea.
- Acted for an international conglomerate in connection with the drafting and negotiation of an EPCM Agreement for a 300,000+ sq ft manufacturing and logistics facility.
- Acted for the Irish subsidiary of the Japanese based Kajima Corporation in relation to the development and financing of a 258-home scheme in Belmayne, Dublin 13.
- Acted for CareChoice Group in relation to its ambitious roll out of new build and extension projects, increasing the Group’s portfolio by over 400 beds.
- Acted for Tedcastles Oil Products in relation to the redevelopment and upgrade of an Aviation Fuel Storage Facility in Dublin Port.
- Acted for Crosslane Student Developments in relation to the financing and development of Carman’s Hall, a 207 bed student accommodation project in South Dublin.
- Acted for Seabased, a global leader in wave energy solutions, in relation to the drafting of a highly bespoke supply and installation project agreement for a 100MW Wave Energy Project in Ghana, Africa.
- Acted for a US medical device manufacturer in drafting construction contracts in relation to a 60,000 sq ft extension to its existing facility in Ireland.
- Acted for Cignal Infrastructure in relation to its bid for the management, maintenance and operation of a nationwide portfolio of telephone masts.
- Acted for an investment fund in relation to the redevelopment of a substantial office block in Dublin City Centre.
- Acted for an Irish company in a multimillion euro renegotiation of a Power Purchase Agreement and associated agreements.
- Acted for a US manufacturing giant in relation to the expansion of its operations in Ireland.
- Acted for a CIF Top 20 Contractor in connection with the negotiation of a bespoke FIDIC Contract for the supply and installation of a smokeless fuel facility for a semi-state entity.
- Acted for a leading Irish Contractor in relation to the fit-out of a Data Centre in South Dublin.
- Drafted and negotiated bespoke amendments to the entire suite of standard form contracts including NEC, JCT, RIAI and FIDIC.
- Provided strategic advice to a range of private sector clients in tendering in public sector procurement processes (including tender processes run on an ‘all Ireland’ basis).
- Provided commercial legal advice to clients tendering as part of PPP and PFI consortiums in public procurement processes, including negotiation and formation of consortium arrangements under construction contracts.
- Advised on bonds, warranties and other project security.