Peter is Head of our highly regarded Intellectual Property, Technology and Privacy team.
His substantial practice centres on assisting national and international clients in dealing with the Irish and EU aspects of IP protection, strategy, commercialisation and enforcement, domestic and cross-border commercial, IP, tech and tax-related agreements and re-organisations and all aspects of technology agreements from enterprise to SaaS licensing (with a focus on fintech).
Peter advises clients on all aspects of privacy law in respect of compliance, registration, international transfers, policies and audits including the GDPR.
Peter also specialises in media law for Irish and multinational clients.
Peter is an Irish solicitor and an Irish and European Trade Mark and Design Attorney.
Peter is the author of “Monitoring and analysis of technology transfer and intellectual property regimes and their use” based on a report produced for the European Commission (Story Publishers 2008).
2017 Speaking Engagements:
- INTA Annual Meeting 2017 - Moderator “Trade Secrets Directive Now a Reality for Europe”.
- Law Society of Ireland - Introduction to the GDPR.
- INTA Webinar “Overview of Corporate Transactions and Due Diligence”.
- AIJA “Pros and Cons of the DSM (Digital Single Market) Package”.
- Previous speaking engagements include the International Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
- Advising various large multinationals in relation to IP re-organisations.
- Advising various multinational companies on the IP and commercial law aspects of tax related transactions.
- Trade mark portfolio management for Irish and international companies including household names.
- Advising on all aspects of the lifecycle of trade marks including application, prosecution, oppositions, invalidity, licensing, assignment, security and enforcement.
- Advising a leading European group of companies on Irish copyright clearance for a new product.
- Advising on due diligence and acquisition of IP rights in mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising a large number of clients in relation to GDPR compliance.
- Advising Irish and international clients in relation to data protection compliance including registration, audits, international transfers and subject access requests.
- Advising a US multinational financial software vendor in the negotiation of licensing arrangements with a financial institution.
- Advising a leading German financial software company in the negotiation of licensing arrangements with a financial institution.
- Advising an Irish financial institution on the licensing of compliance software.
- Online compliance advisory work for Irish and international clients including drafting of online terms and conditions, terms of sale, privacy statements and website compliance.
- TV rights acquisition.
- Advising a leading group of content owners on a new digital distribution model.
- Advising leading European companies and US clients in respect of the Audio Visual Media Services Directive and related copyright issues and clearance.
- Advising and clearing prize promotions for Ireland.
- Advising clients on all types of commercial agreements including franchising, distribution, agency, publishing, ghost writing and sponsorship agreements.
- Drafting Irish and international sale of goods and supply of services agreements.
- Drafting bloodstock related agreements including nomination agreements.
- Advising on haulage agreements.
- Advising on food manufacturing and supply arrangements, both Irish and international.
- Advising food, beverage and agriculture clients in relation to commercial agreements.