Jennifer is an experienced practitioner in the area of employment law and has considerable expertise advising clients on employment issues arising on the acquisition or sale of a business or corporate entity. This includes conducting in depth due diligence and risk analysis exercises and negotiating warranty and indemnity protection in asset and share purchase agreements.
Jennifer regularly advises clients on the implications of the transfer of undertakings regulations whether on the outsourcing of services or the lease or sale of a business and assists employers with the related consultation and employee benefit issues.
Jennifer provides both domestic and international clients with ongoing employment law support to include compliance with legal requirements on working time, leave arrangements, incapacity and disability issues, employment permits, compromise agreements, redundancies and drafting and/or reviewing contracts of employment, handbooks, policies and arrangements with independent contractors
Jennifer has published employment law articles on a wide range of issues.
- Advising Irish and international clients in relation to the employment issues arising on the acquisition of companies in Ireland, to include advising on appropriate warranty and indemnity provisions.
- Assisting clients at the early stages of the business acquisition process in carrying out due diligence and associated risk analysis exercises.
- Advising clients in relation to TUPE to include assisting clients in relation to employee consultation issues, dealing with employee terms and conditions during the transfer process and ensuring they are fully appraised of the implications of a TUPE transfer and obtain appropriate indemnities.
- Advising clients in relation to arrangements with independent contractors.
- Assisting clients with employment issues arising on a change of contractor whether as part of a tender process or otherwise.
- Advising clients in relation to employment issues in out-sourcing agreements.
- Assisting clients with negotiations and settlements arising from senior management exits.
- Advising clients in relation to reorganisations and restructurings and resulting redundancies and collective redundancies.
- Assisting clients with post acquisition issues to include employment audits.
- Review of and drafting employee handbooks, policies and contracts.
- Reviewing and amending contracts and policies from international jurisdictions for use in Ireland.
- Advising in relation to cross border employment issues to include mandatory employment law issues with posted and seconded workers.
- Advising in relation to employment law compliance issues.
- Advising in relation to employment permit and visa issues for senior executives.