Aideen is Head of our Intellectual Property, Technology, Media and Data Privacy team.
Aideen is a highly experienced lawyer with particular expertise in the areas of Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment, Technology and Data Privacy.
Aideen has an excellent reputation in the marketplace and is noted for her common sense, solutions-driven approach and for putting clients front and centre at all times.
Aideen’s experience includes IP licensing (including licensing of sports rights); trade marks; commercial contracts; complex IT and software contracts; film and TV development, finance, production and distribution arrangements, media regulation, television broadcasting arrangements, music licensing, data privacy, and defamation.
Aideen is supported by a strong and dynamic team of talented lawyers, offering clients a truly best in class service.
Aideen is a regular speaker at conferences in Ireland and abroad, and is a Board member of Women in Film and Television Ireland.
Aideen previously worked as Legal Counsel for an internationally renowned animation studio and, subsequently, for a global media and telecoms company. Aideen also worked for a number of years in a boutique law firm in London, where she trained and qualified.
Aideen has unique media and entertainment expertise, spanning across film and television production and financing and music contracts as well as television broadcasting arrangements
• Advising on film and TV development, production and financing arrangements and drafting and negotiating all associated documentation
• Drafting and negotiating film and TV co-production agreements
• Drafting and negotiating TV format licenses
• Drafting and negotiating TV programming commissions and acquisitions
• Drafting and negotiating TV carriage licenses, VOD and mobile app agreements with third party content providers
• Advising on rights, including sports rights contracts and commercial sponsorship arrangements
• Advising on music licensing arrangements and drafting and negotiating music publishing and recording contracts as well as management contracts
• Drafting, negotiating and advising on production-related agreements, including music composer agreements, voiceover actor agreements and scriptwriter agreements.