John is a partner in the Commercial Property Department specialising in commercial property transactions and property finance. Prior to joining LK Shields John worked in another leading commercial firm in Dublin.
John's acts for corporate clients and has extensive experience in the areas of commercial property acquisitions and disposals, leases of commercial properties for both landlord and tenants, and the provision of advices on a broad range of property matters.
John currently acts for a number of prominent receivers in the management, remediation, sales and leasing of distressed assets.
John also has extensive experience in the area of property finance, and currently acts for the pillar banks in Ireland in connection with property and development finance and other real estate secured lending.
John has considerable experience in acting for several corporate and high net worth clients in the negotiation of loan debt settlements and forbearance arrangements, associated asset disposal programs, restructuring and refinancing.
- Acts for corporate clients in the acquisition and disposal of commercial properties ranging from single units to large portfolios of commercial and mixed use properties.
- Acts for receivers appointed by financial and statutory institutions in the disposal of commercial properties including completed and partly completed estates.
- Acts for companies and fund managers in relation to the acquisition of property portfolios in Ireland for investment.
- Acts for both landlords and tenants in the negotiation of leases for commercial properties ranging from retail, industrial, offices and licensed premises.
- Acts for a number of financial institutions, including the Irish pillar banks, in relation to real estate secured loan transactions, ranging from loans for site acquisition, development finance, industrial, commercial, retail and licensed premises and investment properties.
- Acted for a former prominent lending institution in the Irish market for several years.
- Advises corporate borrowers on acquisition and working capital finance facilities and the granting of security over underlying property, receivables and other assets.
- Advises both financial institutions and borrowers on restructuring, refinancing, debt settlement and forbearance arrangements.
- Advises financial institutions in relation to enforcement options and remedies.
- Acts for financial and statutory institutions in the completion of comprehensive security and title reviews and where relevant correcting and updating security and title documentation.