Jeanne has had a market-leading commercial and technology practice for 20 years. She has led data protection compliance programmes for some of Ireland’s leading corporates as well as for multinationals with Irish operations. Jeanne and her team provide a practical, solution-driven approach to data protection issues.
Jeanne has deep experience in large outsourcing projects, supply arrangements and intellectual asset management.
Jeanne (along with fellow partner Peter Bolger) is the author of “Monitoring and Analysis of Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Regimes and their use” based on a report produced for the European Commission (Story Publishers 2008). She is also the Irish contributor for Data Protection & Privacy – International Series, a multijurisdictional reference guide published by Thomson Reuters for companies, legal professionals and data protection officers, covering 46 major jurisdictions worldwide, now in its third edition.
Jeanne is a regular speaker at conferences in Ireland and abroad on GDPR, legal issues for start-up and scaling companies and data privacy generally. Previous speaking engagements include IBA, ABA, UCD, TCD and Law Society of Ireland (including teaching on its MOOC on Data Protection Law). Jeanne is Chair of the Technology Law grouping of the British Irish Chamber of Commerce, in which she has been actively involved since its foundation.
Jeanne awarded 'Corporate Leader' of the Year at the Irish Women's Awards 2020. She was also shortlisted an Image Businesswoman of the Year Award 2020 in the category of 'Management Professional'.
- Advising on due diligence and acquisition of IP rights in mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising on copyright law issues in publishing industry, including for authors and publishers, as well as multi-jurisdiction joint publication arrangements.
- Advising various large multinationals in relation to IP re-organisations.
- Advising various multinational companies on the IP and commercial law aspects of tax related transactions.
- Advising on technology transfer issues for a wider variety of private companies and higher education institutions, including several leading universities.
- Advising a large number of Irish and International clients in relation to GDPR compliance.
- Advising Irish and international clients in relation to data protection compliance including registration, DPC audits, international transfers and subject access requests.
- Advising several US multinationals on their Irish operations including data protection issues
- Advising leading Irish universities on legal matters including joint ventures, technology procurement and data privacy
- Advising an Irish financial institution on the licensing of compliance software.
- Advising on technology roll-out issues.
- Providing Data Protection Training and C-Suite/Board level briefings on Data Protection issues, including on its application to the retail and financial services sectors.
- Advisory work for sporting institutions on GDPR and data protection compliance.
- Advising on data breaches.
- Online compliance advisory work for Irish and international clients including drafting of online terms and conditions, terms of sale, privacy statements and website compliance.
- Advising leading Irish technology companies on legal aspects of their funding, scaling and growth.
- Jeanne has over 15 years experience in FDI, and has advised in relation to some of the largest inward investment projects in Ireland.
- Advising clients on all types of commercial agreements including franchising, distribution, agency, publishing, and sponsorship agreements.
- Drafting Irish and international sale of goods and supply of services agreements.
- Post-acquisition integration and outsourcing advices
- Franchising arrangements
- Drafting film industry agreements including advising on location and distribution arrangements.
- Advising on all aspects of publishing law.
- Advising leading art galleries, auction houses and museum on art law issues, including copyright, droit-de-suite, provenance disputes, and event management issues.
- Advising medical devices companies on data protection issues related to roll-out of mobile health applications