Cian specialises in Construction Law and has wide experience advising clients on their infrastructure, construction, energy and commercial legal requirements both contentious and non-contentious. Prior to joining LK Shields as a Trainee in 2018, Cian worked in-house in a large multi-disciplinary construction and engineering company in Western Australia.
Cian also practices in Corporate and Commercial law, advising clients in relation to mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, corporate finance transactions and public private partnerships.
Cian is a frequent contributor to the Construction, Engineering and Energy Law Journal and regularly authors Firm publications on construction law topics, particularly in relation to statutory adjudication.
- Advising on regulatory requirements for offshore energy projects.
- Advised on project implementation and delivery of offshore projects in the utilities sector.
- Advising on funder requirements in construction projects across multiple sectors.
- Advising in connection with the drafting and negotiation of bespoke amendments to the standard form RIAI contract in both the public and private sectors.
- Advising on administration and claims management procedures across the RIAI and PWC standard forms of contract.
- Acted in multiple employer/contractor final account mediations and settlements.
- Advising on adjudication procedures under the Construction Contracts Act 2013.
- Advising on corporate law issues including company formation, fundraising, shareholders’ agreements, corporate governance and compliance.
- Advising on investments in the social housing, student housing and healthcare sectors.
- Advised an investor on the acquisition of shares in companies operating in the EV sector.
- Advising in connection with an internal group merger by acquisition.