Prior to joining LK Shields, Cate began her career in Australia advising global and Australian fund managers, wealth management businesses, retail and institutional banks, superannuation and pension funds and brokers in relation to commercial, regulatory and corporate matters.
Cate’s practice has focused on advising fund managers and promoters on the full life cycle of funds across asset classes, including structuring issues, fund establishment, marketing, ongoing operational issues, reporting and disclosure obligations, restructuring and termination.
- Represented asset managers and fund promoters on the setting up and structuring of both regulated and unregulated funds;
- Advised multiple asset managers and trustees in relation to outsourcing documentation, including administration, custodial and investment management arrangements and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and industry guidance;
- Assisted investors, including asset managers, on due diligence into regulated and unregulated investment structures both in Ireland and offshore;
- Advised numerous financial services clients in relation to a variety of regulatory compliance and governance matters;
- Expertise extends to asset classes including real estate, infrastructure, equity, debt, hedge funds, fund of funds and emerging markets.